Travel and other practical information
AMAREMED 2020 has been postponed to 2021, date to be decided.
Will take place at University of Split, Croatia
HOW TO GET
Split Airport is about 24 km west from Split, near the city of Trogir. From the Airport you can reach Split either by taxi or by direct shuttle bus:
- Taxis are available immediately at the exit from the terminal building. The price for a taxi between the Airport and Split city center is best to agree before departure.
- Airport shuttle buses are operated by PLESO PRIJEVOZ company. The bus can be found just outside the terminal and it takes you to the main bus station in Split, close to the city center (departure times and other information are available here). Price for a one-way ticket to or from the airport is 30 HRK, ~4 EUR, and the tickets can be bought from the driver in the bus. RECOMMENDED
For the directions from the main bus station to the University Campus please check below, under the arrivals by bus.
by ferry & boat
Split is connected to Ancona by international ferry route which is currently served by two companies: Snav and Jadrolinija (departure times and other information are also available here). The ferry port is situated close to the town center, and the main bus station is immediately nearby.
For the directions from the ferry port / main bus station to the University Campus please check below, under the arrivals by bus.
All the intercity and international buses, as well as the airport shuttle buses, arrive to the main bus station in Split, close to the town center. The ferry from Ancona also arrives to a dock nearby. From the main bus station, you can reach University Campus either by local bus, taxi / uber, or on foot:
- The local bus station is a short walking distance from the main bus station, and there you can catch a bus to the University Campus (bus numbers 18 or 11). Tickets can be bought from the driver in the bus (price is 11 HRK, ~1.5 EUR).
- The taxis are available immediately in front of the main bus station. Uber is also quite popular; it should be easy to get a ride from the main bus station to the University Campus. RECOMMENDED
- From the main bus station / ferry port / town center it will take about 40 minutes’ walk to reach the University Campus. Keep in mind that part of the road is uphill, and temperatures are very high in July, so it could prove quite exhausting.NOT RECOMMENDED
|Both teachers and students will be hosted at hostel Dr. Franjo Tuđman at University of Split Campus.
The accommodations consist of single or double rooms. Rooms are wide, bright, all with private bathroom with shower and free WI-FI access. The breakfast service is included.
Address: Cvite Fiskovica 3 (locality: Studentski dom dr. Franjo Tuđman) - 21000 Split - tel. +385 21 440 982
|The lectures will be held in Z3F building at University of Split Campus, just a few minutes’ walk from the hostel building.
Address: Rudjera Boskovica 33 (locality: “Zgrada Tri Fakulteta”) - 21000 Split